Monday, June 25, 2007

Simple love feels like being excited about dessert

So I was going through my old journal entries and found some pretty interesting stuff.
This entry was written June 7th, 2006. Enjoy.


When it comes to relationships, is it possible to just be great? Does there always have to be something hidden, some kind of weird characteristic that explains why you're single in the first place? Alright, well if that's true, then what is my characteristic? Can't it be that some people just haven't been discovered yet? Like talented writers, musicians and painters who can't seem to find the right mode of expression.

A writer tries painting, tries learning the guitar, tries- i don't know- bird watching. Finally, a story makes it's way through and he decides to record the ideas. Beauty is neither created or destroyed, it just takes on different forms. The story is an answer to some deep hidden call. This is all very cliche but I think I'm on the right track. What I'm saying is, perhaps the right person is like the right mode of expression. Where you feel like you can actually love right. Love like you're supposed to. That's kind of amazing.

I think my weird characteristic that explains why I'm still single might be my ability to completely talk myself out of something until it feels as if it never really existed at all. I can do that. I can pull people and situations apart until they're just particles in the air. Nothing touchable or relatively substantial. And that degree of my analytical nature is negative.

You are to me as the story is to the writer, lost and then found and full of hope, conclusion still unknown.


Image originally posted at my myspace page.

No comments: