Saturday, March 29, 2008

Almost a Quitter

I just almost quit my job.
I just almost walked right up to my manager and said,
"I can't take this anymore. I'm done,"
And walked out.

Instead, of course, I burst into tears
Run and tell someone to watch my section of tables
while I go upstairs to freshen up.

So... I'm still a waitress.
Despite the jerk-off customers
making comments about my ass,
the old ladies who skip out on the bill,
and the bitchy co-workers.

I still work here.

But one day,
and I say this with such affirmation it's frightening,
I will be the one calling the shots in my own life and

I will take orders from NO ONE!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

anonymousnupe said...

Yeah, but in the meantime you can't let them carry you like that. Brush them off as insignificant, and learn to verbally defend yourself against the fresh customers. Girl, it's hard out here. You betta toughen up. You don't get to call your own shots by just walkin' into it one day. You're gonna have to face much worse along the way, and put a lot of people in their place. But have fun with it. You're smart. Take a deep breath and take advantage of all them brains.

And quit cryin'.

Anonymous said...

Hey Porscha. How horrid the experiences seem to be! But hang in there girl, you're strong and this will only make you stronger! Show those assholes what you're made off, hun! Don't let them get to you. Chin up, throw your shoulders back and walk on strong. Never let those people get you down. Shine bright, Porscha, shine!

Harlem Writer said...

So many times have I wanted to walk out of an unrewarding job, but I have found the strength to stay the course despite the unsavory manager and insecure co-workers.

Keep your head high and pour your heart to on your blog and/or to your family and friends.

People make snide remarks because they're jealous of those with an inner light.