Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Faux Bob

Last night I spent way too much time on YouTube trying to discover some new ways to style my natural hair. Cornrows? Bantu Knots? Twist Outs? The Double-Stranded Twist? It all looks pretty complicated and time-consuming. So I went with the wet-set. I grabbed some hair rollers rolled my hair in small chunks. I felt a bit silly doing this because I was essentially putting curls into an already curly head of hair, but what the hey? It only took between fifteen and twenty minutes.

The next morning, I pulled out the rollers and discovered a head full of huge and soft spiral curls. Pretty nice to wake up to. But the hair was huge! WAY too much volume. So I decided to try out this style where you pin up the long hair in the back and use the layers on top to hide the pinned hair so it had the overall look of a bob-like short haircut. This is what I ended up with:





Pretty nice, huh? Natural ladies, try this style!!!

1 comment:

Hawa Bond said...

Very very cute. But my natural hair is so ultra-"nappy" that I require heat to make anything like that happen. LOL