Monday, May 26, 2008

Drivin' Mrs. Carey

"You know Xavier just got his license," she stated matter-of-fact-ly.
"Oh really?" I cringed. Oh goodness, my SIXTEEN year old cousin has his license now? Not only am I feeling morbidly old but I am also so far behind in life. How is it that I've travelled across the world, lived in a different continent, received two degrees, found a husband and done a bunch of other stuff, how is it that I forgot to learn to drive along the way? My name is Porscha for crying out loud, driving should be my forte.
You know, Barbara Walters never learned to drive, now she's got, like, twenty chauffeurs. But I'm no Barbara Walters. I want to know what it feels like to just hop in your car and go. I want to complain about gas prices and mileage and really understand what the hell I'm talking about.
So I've set a goal. I will get my license before the end of June. That's it. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha are you sure you want to be complaining about mileage and gas prices?!

Have (safe) fun along the way as you learn how to drive.

Sprinkles of best wishes and good luck, friend! ;)

Muze said...

trust me you do not want to complain about gas prices. lol.

but good luck!

queenlivia said...

can you really get a driving licence in 1 month? It takes about 6 months for an average Italian to get it...